Get better generated sites and more customizable options for Industrial roads and single-loaded parking within TestFit. Take a look at all the new updates we’re introducing for Industrial sites today.Continue reading
New way to log in to TestFit with Auth0 authentication for better security and easier experience.Continue reading
Today we’re making a big move in the residential development world with a new Subdivision Configurator, which unlocks the possibility of single-family developments (and much more) in TestFit.
We’d also like to share some new improvements, including:
– Nat MacDonald, Product Owner at TestFit Inc.
Our customers have been telling us how important single-family housing is. This is not a surprise as 81% of the US is zoned for single-family development.
As the world needs more housing, we saw a real need to offer the full range of density in our building configurator. From large towers, five-over-ones to rural subdivisions, developers need the tools to build better, faster.
Hence, the Subdivision Configurator—in a nutshell, it lets you take a single piece of land, and subdivide it into individual parcels for single-family or mized-density development.
But it’s not just about single family homes; you can use the Subdivision Configurator for multiple housing types that you want to place within a neighborhood such as:
- Bungalow courts
- Tiny homes
The Subdivisions Configurator also takes into account zoning, minimum lot size, housing type, municipal road requirements & more so you can surgically hit the desired density and parcel mix within your site without going overboard.
More sites + improved undo / redo
We’re happy to share that 🥁you can now increase the number of sites from 8 to 32! 🥁
Undo / redo improvements include seeing your recent history in the menu, undo/redo several actions at once, and notifications displaying what changed. The underlying system augments TestFit behind the scenes and opens the possibility of some exciting features in the future.
Unit dragging & pinned units
We’ve added support for pinned units, and improved the ability to drag or lock location of units, cores & lifts on a floor plan.
Manual mode improvements
- Changed manual mode mass creation to use multiple clicks instead of clicking and dragging.
- Fixed the inability to create building mass and parking in manual mode.
- Automatically exports to Sketchup 2020
- Added finer control over the gravity tool for mass-based sites and moved it into the right click context menu for spaces.
- Removed trackpad mode. The middle mouse button always pans the view, and the right mouse button orbits the view in 3D. Clicking and dragging with the left mouse button pans the view when not on top of a draggable widget.
- Added panning with the middle mouse button in 3D.
- Improved the UX for refreshing column data from Thornton Tomasetti.
- Added an option to toggle the preferred preset in the preset panel.
- Added a user preference to change the mouse panning threshold.
- Added a button above the navtree to add a new scheme.
- Easements and spaces are now renamed and recolored in the navigation tree.
- Added some context menus from the 3D scene to the 2D render.
- Added an underlay of the site to the garage placement tool.
- Canceling the garage placement tool no longer clears the prior solution.
- Removed the feature to generate schemes from all changes.
- Increased the configurable ranges of parking stall depth, drive aisle width, drive aisle turn radius, and drive aisle max length.
- Added warehouse and trailer parking rent in industrial configurator to the deals panel.
- Added a rotation/translation widget to ponds.
- Improved unit mixes on sites with complex envelopes.
- Hid parking and retail financial data if none are present.
- Optimized switching presets.
- Improved thumbnail image quality on high-DPI monitors.
- Added an “Open Percent” metric to the expanded tabulation for industrial and subdivision sites to track the amount of green open area.
- Made parks slightly transparent to indicate they do not contribute to site coverage.
- Added notifications to describe changes when undoing past actions.
- Changed the undo shortcut on MacOS to Command+Shift+Z.
- Added a user preference to move the camera upon undo.
- Disabled unit dragging for dynamic units in high density sites.
- Removed the automatic deletion of sites when modifying roads.
- Fixed incorrect area tabulations for merged-level spaces.
- Fixed inconsistent massing options on sites with structured fill garages.
- Fixed failure to launch for some users with non-English configurations.
- Fixed some site elements exposing the duplicate button when it isn’t supported.
- Fixed overlapping buildings when gurban sites with manually drawn geometry were split by a road.
- Fixed some manual mode roads disappearing in low density sites.
- Fixed roads using incorrect sections after deleting a section in the editor.
- Fixed rsd files failing to load when embedded images are missing.
- Fixed the global setback selection button not working.
- Fixed the delete interaction for setback points in the section view.
- Fixed newly-created offset spaces being unattached from their source space.
- Fixed suboptimal unit stacking on complex envelopes.
- Fixed a crash when opening a kop file with too many units.
- Fixed performance issues rendering 3D models on some machines.
- Fixed mismatched style on monetary input widgets in the deal panel.
- Fixed hitting the delete key when editing text removing elements.
- Fixed Enscape ignoring the “colors in scene” toggle in the preferences panel.
- Fixed a missing UI widget to set the average unit nrsf for unitless mode on high density sites.
If you have any feedback, we’d love to hear from you at nat @ testfit.io.